A decorative British bronze cannon on its original oak carriage with brass mounts. The carriage is fitted with a brass plate that bears the inscription "This gun was made from the pumps of a Newsham Manual Fire Engine which for a number of years did duty in London and afterwards at Sutton Coldfield. It was in use at the burning of the Houses of Parliament on the 16th. October. 1834."
Total length of the barrel 60cm, inner length 49cm, muzzle to touch hole 49cm. The touch hole is not drilled through. Calibre 1 3/4" (44mm), minimium diameter before the first reinforcement 70mm. Weight 45kg.
Item A257. 3.000EUR.